Enrolling in Medicare can be confusing. At Hafetz and Associates we have a team of dedicated and unbiased licensed insurance consultants who are trusted advisors who can provide invaluable guidance as we research and compare insurance plans that are right for you. Having an expert who can help guide you through the structure, plans, benefits and costs of Medicare can make a big difference as you explore your options at no additional cost to you!
Here are five things you should know about enrolling in Medicare:
- Enrollment is not always automatic when you turn 65.
You’ll have to sign yourself up for Medicare on or around your 65th birthday, unless you’re receiving Social Security or Railroad Retirement Board benefits before you turn 65.
- Find out well before your 65th birthday when your Initial Enrollment Period (IEP) dates are and put them in your calendar.
Around your 65th birthday (or 25th disability check), you’ll have a 7-month window of time when you can sign up for Medicare (your IEP). Your IEP includes your 65th birthday month, the 3 months before and the 3 months after.
- If you’re planning to work past the age of 65, you may be able to delay enrolling in Medicare.
If you have credible health care from your employer, or are covered under a spouse’s health care plan, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period that will allow you to delay enrolling without penalty. There are exceptions – for example, if your company employs less than 20 people, you will need to enroll in Medicare during your IEP.
- There are several parts to Medicare coverage and many coverage choices to consider. Your personal situation (health and lifestyle needs, your employment status, health conditions, prescription drug use and if you need dental or vision coverage) will determine which parts of Medicare you should enroll in.
- Hafetz and Associates will guide you through every step of Medicare Enrollment and determine your best coverage needs, at no additional cost to you.
You need not navigate the many Medicare decisions and choices alone. A knowledgeable Hafetz Medicare Consultant can take you through the entire process and develop and coverage plan that fits your unique needs for FREE. If you’re nearing the age of 65, visit our website or give us a call today at 609-872-0001. We’re here to help!
Free Zoom Seminars
Hafetz and Associates will present free Medicare seminars several times a month from through December online via Zoom.
The seminars will discuss the basic parts of Medicare including Medicare Part A and Part B, Part C Advantage plans, Part D prescription plans and supplemental plan coverage. Following each seminar will be a question and answer session, as well an opportunity to schedule a private consultation with a Hafetz Medicare representative.
This is an opportunity to ensure that everyone is knowledgeable about their Medicare plans and benefits.
The Free Zoom Medicare Education Seminar schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, November 5 – 10-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 11 – 10-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 11 – 6-7 p.m.
Participants will need to download the ZOOM app to their computer, tablet or cell phone via zoom.us prior to the seminar. If interested, visit this link and click on the seminar of your choice to RSVP; a Hafetz Medicare representative will then send you the meeting number and password.
Hafetz also offers a variety of health and dental insurance products and services for both groups and individuals, making the switch to Medicare seamless. Licensed consultants may also provide information to employed seminar attendees on the benefits of choosing to transition from their Group plan to Medicare, and which plan is best for their situation.
About Hafetz and Associates
Hafetz & Associates provides individual and group employee health products through innovative and cutting-edge ideas tailored to meet every client’s specific needs. Through highly personal attention and exceptional customer service for over 30 years, Hafetz and Associates is a trusted and devoted advisor.
For more information about Hafetz and Associates, visit hafetzandassociates.com or call 609-872-0001.