Enrolling in Medicare can be confusing. At Hafetz and Associates – located in Linwood NJ – a team of trusted, dedicated and unbiased licensed insurance consultants will provide invaluable guidance and advice as they research and compare insurance plans that are right for you.
Open Enrollment for Medicare 2023 commences October 15 and ends December 7, 2022. Having an expert who can help guide you through the structure, plans, benefits and costs of Medicare can make a big difference as you explore your options at no additional cost to you!
“Our experienced and knowledgeable staff is here to help you navigate your options and make the best recommendations for your individual needs,” said Hafetz and Associates President Scott Hafetz. “Through highly personal attention and exceptional customer service for over 30 years, Hafetz and Associates is a trusted and devoted advisor.”
Here tips about enrolling in Medicare:
- If you are between the ages of 63 and 65, now is the time to start planning for Medicare Supplement Insurance. Supplemental (Medigap) insurance is coverage for those who are enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B and is available to all – but if you plan to have it or want more information about it, the best time to ask is BEFORE you turn 65. That’s because it is only during the first six months after you turn 65 that you can buy any Medicare Supplement insurance plan Hafetz company sells without the risk of being turned down or charged more because of a health condition.With a Supplement Plan, you won’t have to worry about finding a new doctor, shopping for a plan each year, or network changes. With a Medicare Supplement insurance plan, you also avoid the hassle of out-of-pocket costs, which puts the control right where it belongs… with you.
- Enrollment is not always automatic when you turn 65. You’ll have to sign yourself up for Medicare on or around your 65th birthday, unless you’re receiving Social Security or Railroad Retirement Board benefits before you turn 65.
- Find out well before your 65th birthday when your Initial Enrollment Period (IEP) dates are and put them in your calendar. Around your 65th birthday (or 25th disability check), you’ll have a 7-month window of time when you can sign up for Medicare (your IEP). Your IEP includes your 65th birthday month, the 3 months before and the 3 months after.
- If you’re planning to work past the age of 65, you may be able to delay enrolling in Medicare. If you have credible health care from your employer, or are covered under a spouse’s health care plan, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period that will allow you to delay enrolling without penalty. There are exceptions – for example, if your company employs less than 20 people, you will need to enroll in Medicare during your IEP.
- There are several parts to Medicare coverage and many coverage choices to consider. Your personal situation (health and lifestyle needs, your employment status, health conditions, prescription drug use and if you need dental or vision coverage) will determine which parts of Medicare you should enroll in.
- Hafetz and Associates will guide you through every step of Medicare Enrollment and determine your best coverage needs, at no additional cost to you.
You need not navigate the many Medicare decisions and choices alone. A knowledgeable Hafetz Medicare Consultant can take you through the entire process and develop and coverage plan that fits your unique needs for FREE. If you’re nearing the age of 65, visit our website or give us a call today at 888-805-7701. We’re here to help!
Hafetz also offers a variety of health and dental insurance products and services for both groups and individuals, making the switch to Medicare seamless. Licensed consultants may also provide information to employed seminar attendees on the benefits of choosing to transition from their Group plan to Medicare, and which plan is best for their situation.
To make an FREE, no-obligation appointment with one of our expert MediCare Consultants, call 888-805-7701. For more information about Hafetz and Associates, visit hafetzandassociates.com.